I know I didn't post anything last Friday and I apologize for that. My grandma came over recently and brought all the ingredients needed to make Eggplant Parmesan. She peeled the eggplant, cut it, dipped it in egg and covered it with breadcrumbs. Then she fried them. After frying most of the eggplant, she had to leave so I fried the rest then layered a pan with the eggplant, fried onions, tomato sauce, then cheese. I did that two more times, making sure the last layer was cheese and put it in the oven for about 35 mins. I don't know how many eggplants she cut, but I do know that I used the smallest jar of tomato sauce and the smallest bag of mozzarella, all of it.
- Saute some minced garlic, onion, and chopped green together with a teaspoon of Spike seasoning. (Forgot the garlic)
- (OR use garlic and onion powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper instead of Spike. You could add marjoram too.)
- Add Parmesan to the breadcrumbs when frying the eggplant (OPTIONAL). (I didn't do that)
- Dip the eggplant into a bowl of eggs then into the breadcrumbs. Fry on both sides till browned. Place the eggplant on paper towels to soak up the oil.
- Layer the eggplant in a baking dish in this order: eggplant, sauteed garlic, onion, and green pepper, then tomato sauce, then mozzarella. Add sprinkles of basil to each layer (Which I didn't do). Layer until you get to the end and make sure to end it with Parmesan and mozzarella and more basil.
- Bake until bubbly and brown. You can cover it with foil first then towards the end uncover it so it gets browned for a few minutes.
I forgot to add a few things, but it still tasted really great. My mom and brothers really liked it so that was great.