Ohh whee!!! My very first tutorial! I never did one before! This tutorial is going to be for a hat stand. You can use it for whatever, for your own personal use, photos, craft show etc. I am making this for taking pictures with. I have looked all around the internet and found some really nice hat stands. There just weren’t that many that actually showed you how to make your own without having to go buy all these wood pieces, and cut and screw them in place. Not that I can’t do that. I wanted to find something that I could make that was real easy.
And you guys see my hands!!! LOL that was really random!
The materials I used:
- Wooden toilet tissue holder- 7 AED from Daiso
- Styrofoam ball- 6 AED from stationary shop, the I used is 15 cm around
- Ribbon- 2.50 AED from stationary shop
- Hot glue gun
- Glue for glue gun- 13 AED, I used up the two I got that was 50 fils each, and bought a pack of 12 for 12 AED. I could have gotten 24 sticks for 12 dhs if I went to the Dubai Library Distributor!
- Washi tape- used one from a pack of 4, 7 AED from Daiso
- Fabric- I had some sitting packed away, just waiting to be used
- Exactor knife- for cutting a hole
- Pen- for marking where to cut
- Pins- for pinning the fabric
- Patience- for the amount of time it took to make it. You could probably make this in one sitting, but since I was trying to take pictures, and then ran out of glue, it took longer.
Warning: You might burn your fingers with the glue, just saying.
If you have someone to help you, then you or the helper hold the fabric down, and then the other person needs to tie a very tight knot. If you don't have someone, like I didn't, then you it's ok if you make the first tie loose. Then, let go of the fabric and pull on yarn to secure it, while pulling down on the fabric to keep it tight on the ball. Make sure to tie it at least twice. You want a very secure knot to keep the fabric on the ball for the next step.
P.S. Yall, I am so sorry it took 4 HOURS to get this post up. I had to take some more pictures, send them from my mom's phone to my email, then download them, watermark them, and give the photos names. But I am also the queen of procrastination subhanallah, so I could have done this the day before yesterday.
What do you think of my first tutorial? If you have any pointers, or notice any mistakes, or need any help, tell me down below, I'd love to know!